Who We Are and What We Do
The mission of the Friends of the Children's Justice Center charitable organization is to provide the support needed to help child victims of crime recover from the damaging physical, mental, and spiritual effects of their abuse. Through our fundraising efforts we help support the program costs, basic essential client needs, and furnishings for the facilities. Our fundraising efforts provide the means to finance specialized forensic equipment needed at the facilities which provide a private and comfortable environment for children already traumatized from the abuse they have experienced. Funding also provides specialized training for new caseworkers, detectives, and prosecutors to gain advanced skills in interviewing child victims for their witness statements about the crime which are essential so that healing and justice can begin. We exist to support the healing journey that no child should have to experience.
We serve to promote community awareness of child abuse and neglect in our community. Our awareness efforts include partnerships with existing agencies and community partners which can ultimately help in the prevention of child abuse.
Held Annually in April
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month and the officers of the West Jordan, South Jordan, Salt Lake City, West Valley and Sandy Police Departments are showing their support for protecting kids through our Annual COPS FOR KIDS fundraising event held at the South Jordan, Sugarhouse, West Valley, and Sandy Sizzler restaurants.
April 1-30, Annually
The yellow butterfly is the logo for the Children's Justice Center to represent the delicate and beautiful nature of childhood, as well as the empowerment that comes with exercising your wings to fly. Butterfly lawn signs will be on display at the Avenues and South Valley Children's Justice Center locations from April 1st to the 30th to represent over 1,600 child victims helped by the Salt Lake County Children's Justice Center last year.
Need to Locate a Children's Justice Center in Salt Lake County?
Have you been referred to the Children's Justice Center to receive program services? We want to be as helpful as we can in directing families of abuse victims to the correct center. Please find the Salt Lake County centers below.
What Motivates Us to Help the Children's Justice Centers in Salt Lake County?
At Friends of the Salt Lake County Children's Justice Center, we strive to do all we can to support the Salt Lake County Children's Justice Centers by providing community education and the raising of funds for the centers, so they can afford to continue the amazing work they do for the children in our communities every day.
We support the Children's Justice Center for the following reasons:
- COPE: By supporting the Children's Justice Center, we strive to make a difference for children and families in our community.
- SAFE: We want children and families to relax in a cozy place where people care, such as the Children's Justice Center.
- COURAGE: We know that speaking up about abuse is easier at the Children's Justice Center.
- NO SILENCE: Each voice matters and deserves to be heard. The Children's Justice Center is organized to help with this complex process.
- HOPE: It feels good to know that abuse can stop, and the caring staff at the Children's Justice Center helps restore that hope every day.
- SUPPORT: Children and families are not alone and our community really does cares. The Children's Justice Center is proof of this.
- HEALING: We believe Children can recover from their experience with abuse and through the services provided by the Children's Justice Center, children can begin to embrace their future once again!
What is the Children's Justice Center?